Friday, September 7, 2012

Literacy habits

Overall, I was not really surprised with the results that I found after doing my literacy survey. Teaching at an elementary school I found a user friendly survey online that would be easy and fun questionnaire for my students to understand. The class was very interested in both funny and happy books and students seemed to correlate their interests with the types of books they read. I was surprised with the number of books the majority of the students read over the summer. Being a student who has never read a book on my own over a summer, it seemed that more than 75% of the class read five or more books over their break. How do they do it! I was expecting more students to be like me and spend their summers away from school. Being a PE teacher it was great to get a little insight into the student that I otherwise wouldn't have known if the survey was not conducted.



No comments:

Post a Comment