Monday, October 22, 2012

EDSS 555 Post



A social issue that I would like to address in my class that English learners face is making fun of students and laughing at individuals for any reasons. I know that many students get nervous while performing during class and have noticed that some students laugh at certain individuals when they volunteer or are asked to demonstrate in class. All students should feel safe in the classroom and shouldn’t be afraid of doing their best or making a mistake. I know that I will focus on bringing community to the classroom and making sure everyone feels safe both emotionally and physically. Being timid myself reading in front a class of my peers, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for English learners. I have also seen similar things in PE when watching other people try a task. This type of behavior should not and will not be tolerated in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment